If you plan to come to Da Nang, immediately save 10 typical dishes in Da Nang city that we will introduce in this article to have the best trip. Enjoying the famous food is also one of the top things to do in Danang.
1. Quang Noodles
If mentioning Hanoi cuisine, people immediately think of pho, then in Da Nang, Quang noodle is considered the most typical dish. This dish appears on almost every street and is loved by many Da Nang people.
Quang noodle broth is exceptional, not the same as other noodle soup dishes; the broth of Quang Noodle is only a few inches but full of spicy aroma. Quang noodle bowl has many variations such as Chicken Quang Noodles, Shrimp Quang Noodles, Eel Quang Noodles.
You can’t eat Quang noodles without fresh Vietnamese vegetables such as thinly sliced banana buds baby cabbage. Along with roasted peanuts, green chili plate, rice paper, lemon slices, and a cup of pure fish sauce. All make up the flavor’s unforgettable taste.
Quang noodles’ average price per bowl is 30,000-60,000 VND/bowl.
Some Places To Enjoy Quang Noodles In Da Nang
- Quang Ba Mua Noodles (Tran Binh Trong Street, Dong Da Street, Le Hong Phong Street… Hai Chau District)
- Quang Nguoi Da Nang Noodles (September 2, Hai Chau District)
- Quang Thi Noodles (251 Hoang Dieu, Nam Duong, Hai Chau District)
- Tam Ky Chicken Noodles (51 Thai Thi Boi, Thanh Khe District)
- Quang noodle chain on Le Dinh Duong street, at the end of Dragon Bridge
2. Pork Roll With Rice Paper
Like Quang noodles, pork rice paper is also one of the dishes that make many visitors sob.
The most impressive thing when enjoying this dish is in the pieces of pork. Pork is chosen as an ingredient; usually, the meat in the butt or shoulder, after boiling (or steaming) just cooked, is cut into thin, giant slices.
Pieces of meat are wrapped in Vietnamese rice paper combined with Vietnamese vegetables. After that, you will dip it with rich Vietnamese dipping sauce; eat one piece, and you will want to eat more; just like that, you will crush this dish at any time.
- Tran pork rice paper (Le Duan, Hai Phong, Duy Tan, …)
- Dai Loc Restaurant (Trung Nu Vuong Street, Hai Chau District)
- Mau pork rice paper (Do Thuc Tinh, Cam Le district)
- Ba Mua shop (No. 19 Tran Binh Trong and No. 231 Dong Da)
- Mrs. Huong’s pork rice paper rolls (45 Ngo Gia Tu, Hai Chau district)
3. Noodles with seasoning sauce
Quang noodle shops often sell a popular but equally delicious dish, vermicelli, with seasoning.
Initially, the bowl of vermicelli ingredients was simply vermicelli, seasoning sauce, and boiled young jackfruit. Later, people added other ingredients such as roast pork, pork belly, beef rolls, spring rolls, pig ears to make the bowl of vermicelli more eye-catching and attractive.
Unlike other vermicelli dishes, Da Nang seasoned vermicelli noodles do not use broth. The main ingredient that makes it famous is fish sauce.
Some Addresses Enjoy this dish:
- Ba Thuyen restaurant (K424/3 Le Duan, Chinh Gian, Thanh Khe district)
- Quan Ngoc (20 Doan Thi Diem, Hai Chau 2, Hai Chau District)
- Ba Van Mam Noodle Soup (23/14 Tran Ke Xuong, Hai Chau District)
- Ms. Lien fish noodle soup (52 Tran Binh Trong, Hai Chau district)
- Bun mam seasoning (Tran Ke Xuong street, Hai Chau district)
4. Vietnamese Pancakes
Banh Xeo is a Vietnamese dish that consistently ranks at the top of many must-try dishes when coming to Da Nang.
After eating Vietnamese pancakes in Da Nang, many visitors feel that Banh Xeo in other places is not as delicious as when eating in Da Nang, and they only wish to return to Da Nang to enjoy Banh Xeo again.
Pancakes in Da Nang are brought up to the golden brown, crispy, fragrant, smooth taste of fresh shrimp and beef. When eating, you need to combine star fruit, sour banana, and a bowl of delicious Vietnamese dipping sauce.
- Ba Duong restaurant (K280/23, Hoang Dieu street, Hai Chau district)
- Small Ba Shop (Trung Nu Vuong Street, Hai Chau District)
- Co Muoi restaurant (Chau Thi Vinh Te street, Ngu Hanh Son district)
- Co Ba Dancing Shrimp Banh Xeo Restaurant (248 Trung Nu Vuong Street, Hai Chau District)
- Be Uyen Banh Xeo Restaurant (103 Le Thanh Nghi, Hai Chau District)
5. Cau Mong Rare Beef
The people also know this dish of Da Nang with the familiar name “Cau Mong rare beef”. We can say that this dish is as famous as Quang noodles or pork rolls with rice paper.
The art of cooking this dish is almost esoteric, and not many people do it now because of its particular requirements.
When taken out of the oven, the veal piece must reach two layers of rare, distinctly cooked meat, while part skin must cook the skin to a transparent level and crispy and soft; when served, beef must skillfully cut the slices each portion having both flesh and skin.
Veal is served with Vietnamese herbs: perilla, lettuce, baby cabbage, star fruit, banana chat, coriander, hung, cinnamon, bean sprouts. Then wrap the above ingredients in rice paper and dip it in the Vietnamese dipping sauce.
All create a delicious veal dish with an unforgettable, attractive flavor.
- Quan Ro (8 Bac Son, Cam Le District)
- Quan Ngoc Lan (895 Ngo Quyen, Son Tra District)
- Quan Huong (18 Le Quy Don, Hai Chau District)
- Be Thui Lao Hac Restaurant (56 Le Tan Trung, Son Tra District)
- Cau Mong restaurant – Dien Bien Phu (100 Dien Bien Phu, Thanh Khe district)
6. Banh Canh
Banh Canh Da Nang is not like any other flavor of Banh Canh in the North or the South; it has Da Nang characteristics that make a distinct impression.
Banh Canh is tough, spicy, sweet, and delicious, especially when you eat it while blowing it. The chewy taste comes from the long and large noodles. The spicy, sweet, and tangy flavor from the broth. In addition, depending on your preference, you can add fish cakes or snakehead fish.
Banh Canh in Da Nang is also distinguished by the ingredients that make up the flour fiber, such as Banh Canh with filtered flour, Banh Canh with rice flour, Banh Canh with flour.
Read More: 6 Popular Types of Vietnamese Noodles
- Thuan Phuoc Bridge Banh Canh (Tran Hung Dao – Le Van Duyet junction, Nai Hien Dong, Son Tra district)
- Ba Thu Banh Canh (22 Nguyen Chi Thanh, Hai Chau district)
- Thanh Huong Banh Canh Shop (35 Le Hong Phong, Hai Chau District)
7. Fish Noodle Soup
Referring to Da Nang cuisine, it is indispensable for the famous delicious fish noodle soup. Like Banh Canh, fish noodle soup in Da Nang also has its flavor, unlike any other region.
A bowl of fish noodle soup is delicious; when eaten, there is no fishy smell, hear the sweet aroma of the bowl of vermicelli combined with the sweet taste of vegetables such as pumpkin, kohlrabi, tomato, and the rich flavor of the broth is stewed from the fish bones making any diners flutter.
Although each noodle shop in Da Nang has its flavor, it is similar in its delicious and rich flavor.
- Bun Cha Ca Han Restaurant 113/3 Nguyen Chi Thanh, Hai Chau District)
- Nguyen Chi Thanh Fish Noodles Restaurant (109 Nguyen Chi Thanh, Hai Chau District
- Ba Lu fish noodle shop (319 Hung Vuong, Dien Bien Phu)
- Ong Ta fish noodle soup restaurant (113A Nguyen Chi Thanh, Hai Chau District)
- Ba Phien fish noodle soup (63 Le Hong Phong, Hai Chau district)
With the advantage of being a coastal city, Da Nang offers visitors many choices to eat seafood dishes. Some delicious seafood dishes are known to many people such as grilled squid with chili salt/satay, greasy squid with rice, grilled scallops with cheese/onion fat, snails, Huynh De crab, steamed clams with lemongrass.
Some Addresses to eat delicious seafood in Da Nang:
- Long Gio Restaurant: 5 – 6 – 7 Tran Hung Dao, Son Tra District, City. Danang
- Crab Sea Quan: 10, Vo Nguyen Giap, Son Tra District, City. Danang
- Coconut Tree Shop 1: 417-413 Nguyen Tat Thanh Street, City. Danang
9. Mixed Jackfruit
This Vietnamese street food is the forte of women in Da Nang. The dish’s ingredients are small slices of jackfruit that have been boiled, mixed with pigskin and vegetables such as basil, enough shavings, herbs.
If you are more sophisticated, you can add shrimp and then add a little oil, a few spoons of chili fish sauce and mix them well; you have a delicious mixed jackfruit plate.
It is even more exciting and attractive when eating with grilled rice paper. Although the weather in Danang is scorching in the summer months, many tourists still crave to eat more after trying it once.
- Lan and Diep shop (Yaourt Village, Bui Thi Xuan, Son Tra District)
- Da Nang Mixed Jackfruit (Bac My An Market, Ngu Hanh Son District)
- Ba Gia Mixed Jackfruit (k47/25 Ly Thai To, Thanh Khe District)
- Aunt Anh’s Mixed Jackfruit Skin (32 Pham Van Nghi, Thanh Khe District)
- Hoang Dieu Mixed Jackfruit (362 Hoang Dieu, Hai Chau District)
10. Che With Pomegranate Seeds Rubbing
In hot weather when traveling to Da Nang, a cup of Che rubbing pomegranate seeds in Da Nang is delicious and refreshing and very good for health.
This Vietnamese dessert is made from the following ingredients: massage, pomegranate seeds, black jelly, a little green beans, and coconut milk to complete. When eating a lot of ice mixed well, you will find the sweet and chewy flavor interesting.
Xuan Trang Che (31 Le Duan, Hai Chau District)
Che Lien (175 Hai Phong, Thanh Khe District)
Phan Chau Trinh Che (226 and 261 Phan Chau Trinh, Hai Chau District)